20 Things To Do On World Computer Security Day
1. Change your password
2. Check for computer viruses
3. Update your anti-virus/anti-malware
4. Update your Windows (or other OS)
5. Clean your computer and the immediate area
6. Back-up your data (after being certain that it is virus free)
7. Delete unneeded files and apps (and facebook ‘friends’ that you don’t remember seeing in the last 5 years!)
8. Update all your installed and relevant software such ad adobe reader
9. Declare and amnesty day for computer security violators who wish to reform.
10. Announce COMPUTER SECURITY DAY in your internal newsletter.
11. Install and inspect power surge protection as appropriate.
12. Develop a recovery plan for all computer systems that require one.
13. Verify that passwords are not ‘Posted’ and all other keys are secured.
14. Verify that backup power and air conditioning fir your needs.
15. Hold a discussion of ethics with computer users.
16. Volunteer to speak about computer security at a local computer club.
17. Register and pay for all commercial software that is used on your computer.
18. Consider the privacy aspect of the data on your computer and protect it.
19. Help to propagate computer security awareness!
20. Promote computer security best practice.